Thursday, January 24, 2008

Week 3: Thing 6


My creation
Originally uploaded by wendy.garland
I just spent way too much time on creating a magazine cover. This is great fun! You are limited on layout and cropping options, but what a fun way to create a unique project. This could be used so many ways in the classroom. I felt just like my students though - I got so distracted and obsessed with my "look" and color choices that I forgot I was supposed to be including content. The teacher voice in my head said, "Stay focused," but I just couldn't resist seeing what the different options would do to my creation. There are so many "toys" to play with on Flickr. What a great find!

1 comment:

Lynda Shoup said...

I love your magazine. It is really lovely.

Like you, I get excited about the technology and forget about the content. Frankly, I think that is the challenge for students too.

Perhaps we can use that to our advantage by making two magazine covers. One features cute images, but has little content. The other one has both content and presentation. Show them to students and let them see the difference.

Thanks for giving me the brain storm.