Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week 4: Thing 9

I added 5 subscriptions to my Google reader. I started by adding a feed that exists on a site that I visit regularly. Next, I decided to do a search for a feed using the various searching tools. My searching for "children's books" and "children's book reviews," I located many blogs, but none of which I felt were authoritative or unbiased enough for my uses. After trying each searching tool and perusing the results, I decided to investigate sites that I was already familiar with, to locate a useful feed. I went to School Library Journal's website, where I discovered that they have many different feeds, directed to different interests. I added several relevant ones to my reader.

1 comment:

emeraldgreen said...

Take a look at Pixie Stix Kids Pix. I thought it was a great kiddie lit site. The url is: http://pixiestixkidspix.wordpress.com

Hope it's helpful!